The Scottish Social Housing Charter was first introduced in 2012, it sets the standards that all Scottish social landlords must aim to achieve, it is regulated by the Scottish Housing Regulator. We provide a range of services for our members to help them understand their obligations and to prepare for their annual charter return.
Scotland’s Housing Network is proud to be able to support our members in a range of ways with the completion of their Annual Return on the Charter. This includes:
- SHN Guide to the Charter Indicators – Tips for Accurate Reporting: A comprehensive supplementary guide to the Charter produced by SHN Associate Christine Dugan, informed by learning from validation visits and FAQs published by the Regulator.
- Annual Charter Preparation sessions with a focus on changes made to the indicators for the current reporting year, common errors/misunderstandings and how to avoid them
- A dedicated officer available to answer questions and provide advice on specific Charter indicators, and where appropriate anonymously seek Guidance from the Regulator on your behalf
- A data collection template to support you in gathering data
- Current and previous versions of the Technical Guidance for your ease of reference
- Full notes and presentations from previous Charter Preparation sessions
Data Accuracy and Validation Services
Level 1 Validation
This service operates provides an accuracy check on draft ARC returns using our tried and tested approach. As well as the initial check the service also provides for a follow up service to ensure issues are resolved and the data you submit to the Scottish Housing Regulator is accurate. This is desk-based review available to members for a modest fee of £216 + VAT.
Level 2 Validation
Do you need a full on-site verification exercise where experts will work with you to ensure the technical guidance is understood and is being followed; that it can be evidenced and is properly aligned to the definitions? We work with CD Associates who provide the service for SHN members at a discounted rate of £575 per day* + VAT plus expenses.
* 2024/25 rate